KantanMT is growing! If you are as enthusiastic about MT as we are- we want you! We are looking for someone to join our Professional Services team.
In this team we deal with setting up and testing new engines for our clients and offering an exceptional customer experience. If the description below sounds like you, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Localization Engineer/MT Project Coordinator
Scope of job
- The Localization Engineer/MT Project Coordinator provides client support in the setting up and linguistic testing of a MT engine for KantanMT clients.
- Project deliverables fully tested and certified SMT systems built using the KantanMT platform. This will include data preparation for training, testing, Language Quality Review and deployment of final approved engine into production.
- Project tasks include evaluation, preparation, compilation, testing, delivery, troubleshooting and back up of the project files.
- Resources Managed: Ongoing MT Analysis, Translation Memory and Machine Translation platforms.
- Reports directly to the Professional Services team lead.
- Evaluate and prepare project deliverables (software, help, docs, websites and others) for translation following set quality standards. This process typically includes the use of CAT tools as well as writing instructions for translators
- Format, test, deliver and back up the project deliverables following set quality standards
- Completion of projects on time and in line with quality standards
- Provide daily feedback to the Team Lead on project tasks status
- Manage Translation Memories and Machine Translation systems
- Customising, Improving and deploying project Machine Translation engines
- Methodical analysis of client feedback to provide meaningful improvements to output
- Support towards colleagues in other departments or linguists on CAT tools
Software applications used
- Windows platform: MS Office, MS Visual Studio, Alchemy Catalyst, InstallShield, RoboHelp, RoboHTML, HTMLQA, web browsers, Notepad++, Wordfast & related programs (e.g. S-Tagger), SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, other CAT tools, KantanMT.com
- Macintosh platform: ResEdit, Resourcer, Installer VISE, Stuffit InstallerMaker, Appleglot, Powerglot, MPW.
- Others: VMware, Perl, Python, C++ or C#
- Computer Degree or other in similar discipline
- Computer experience in the translation/localization industry
- A second language is preferable
- Understanding of localization engineering processes and tools
- Experience with recent Windows operating systems. Macintosh or Linux operating systems knowledge is a plus
- Scripting experience is a plus
- Enthusiastic, organized, flexible and attention to detail
- Ability to manage stress and collaborate
- Good communication skills
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and tell us why you’re the right candidate for this job.