Are you as excited about Localization and Machine Translation as we are? Does solving challenging technical issues at work give you a sense of accomplishment? We have just the job for you. KantanMT is expanding and is looking for a Localization Engineer.
KantanMT is the number one provider of custom machine translation services in the world. The Software-as-a-Service platform, KantanMT.com is used by some of the world’s largest enterprises to increase translation and localization productivity.
- The Localization Engineer will provided client support in setting up, testing, troubleshooting and technical support of a MT engine for KantanMT clients. They will provide technical support to the Professional Services team.
- Project deliverable: Fully tested and certified SMT systems built using the KantanMT platform. This will include data preparation for training, testing, Language Quality Review and deployment of final approved engine into production. It will also involve ongoing support.
- Project tasks: include evaluation, preparation, compilation, testing, delivery, troubleshooting and back up of the project files.
- Resources Managed: Ongoing MT Analysis, Translation Memory, Termbase, Schedules, Budgets and Machine Translation platforms.
- Troubleshoot and solve engine issues and support queries.
- Design regular expressions and scripts to solve issues in training data and source files
- Evaluate and prepare project deliverable (software, help, docs, websites and others) for translation following set quality standards. This process typically includes the use of CAT tools as well as writing instructions for translators.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritise urgent tasks.
- Format, test, deliver and back up the project deliverables following set quality standards.
- Completion of projects on time and in line with quality standards.
- Provide daily feedback to the Team Lead on project tasks status.
- Manage Translation Memories and Machine Translation systems.
- Customising, Improving and deploying project Machine Translation engines.
Software applications used
- Windows platform: MS Office, MS Visual Studio, Alchemy Catalyst, InstallShield, RoboHelp, RoboHTML, HTMLQA, web browsers, Notepad++, Wordfast & related programs (e.g. S-Tagger), SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, other CAT tools, KantanMT.com
- Macintosh platform: ResEdit, Resourcer, Installer VISE, Stuffit InstallerMaker, Appleglot, Powerglot, MPW.
- Others: VMware, Perl, Python, C++ or C#
- Computer Degree or other in similar discipline
- Computer experience in the translation/localization industry
- Understanding of localization engineering workflows, tools and industry needs
- Experience with recent Windows operating systems. Macintosh or Linux operating systems knowledge
- Scripting experience
- Enthusiastic, organized, flexible and attention to detail
- Ability to manage stress and collaborate
- A second language is a bonus
- Good communication skills
If this sounds like the role for you, send your CV and a cover letter to Louise Faherty (email@example.com) with ‘Localization Engineer Job Hire’ as the subject line, and tell us why you are the right candidate for this job.
You can also apply directly from LinkedIn, by clicking the Apply Now button on the job post.