Do you have what it takes to provide outstanding customer service? Are you excited about Localization and Machine Translation? We have just the job for you. KantanMT is expanding and is looking for a Customer Service Engineer.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about helping our customers who are using the Machine Translation platform, have patience, and should be a self-starter.
KantanMT is the number one provider of custom machine translation services in the world. The Software-as-a-Service platform, KantanMT.com is used by some of the world’s largest enterprises to increase translation and localization productivity.
- The Customer Service Engineer provides client support through Zendesk. This will involve general queries on the platform, troubleshooting and finding the root cause of errors and addressing client concerns and feedback.
- Ideal candidate will be responsive, patient and courteous. They will be skilled in SMT, localization and software customer service and be able to address queries they can handle, and forward any other queries to the relevant department.
- Tasks will include monitoring the Zendesk platform and responding to all queries immediately. If the query cannot be closed immediately, the Customer Service Engineer is responsible for following up on the query and ensuring it is resolved. During times when there is low customer service demand, this candidate may also be allocated tasks from other departments- training and feedback will be given.
- Resources Managed: Zendesk platform, customers’ engines, and customer communication.
- Monitoring the Zendesk platform
- Responding to all queries immediately in a friendly and professional manner
- Following up on outstanding queries that are with other members of the team
- Being responsible for closing Zendesk issues
- Assisting Development and Professional Services teams on non-urgent tasks when available
- Ability to problem solve and prioritise urgent tasks
- Developing a rapport with customers
- Responsiveness and actively listening to customer needs
- Basic understanding of Translation Memories and Machine Translation systems
- Support towards colleagues in other departments or linguists on CAT tools
Software applications used
- MS Office, web browsers, Notepad++, Wordfast & related programs (e.g. S-Tagger), SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, other CAT tools, KantanMT.com, Zendesk
- Others: VMware, Perl, Python, C++ or C#, bash script commands
- Computer experience in the translation/localization industry
- Computer or development qualification, or relevant experience
- A second language is preferable
- Understanding of localization engineering workflows, tools and industry needs
- Experience with recent Windows operating systems. Macintosh or Linux operating systems knowledge is a plus
- Scripting experience is a plus
- Enthusiastic, organized, flexible and attention to detail
- Ability to manage stress and collaborate
- Good communication skills
If this sounds like the role for you, send your CV and a cover letter to Louise Faherty (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ‘Localization Engineer Job Hire’ as the subject line, and tell us why you are the right candidate for this job.
You can also apply directly from LinkedIn, by clicking the Apply Now button on the job post.